Indie Authors Beware of Scams
About a month after setting up the LLC for my publishing company with my State, I got a letter in the mail. It claimed to be a "LABOR LAW COMPLIANCE NOTICE."
1) It came from Columbus (made sense), but I had to mail the payment to Florida.
2) There's no way to pay online. Really? I filed all my paperwork with the State that way.
3) I had to "allow 2-3 weeks for delivery."
4) I don't have employees. This was made clear while filing my paperwork for the State Licensing.
5) On the backside, it said, "DISCLAIMER: Labor Poster Services is NON-GOVERNMENT publisher of law employment posters." Yada, yada, yada..."This service has not been approved or endorsed by any agency of the government." HA HA!
Okay, so the scary fine of $17,000 worried me enough to do more research, and I found other web pages and law advice sites warning of this scam.
Be careful friends. There are so many people looking to take advantage of others.